Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The human body needs an enzyme called lactase to digest lactose. Lactose intolerance occurs when the small intestine does not produce this amount of enzyme.
Most of our nougats can be consumed by people with lactose intolerance, since the main ingredients of a nougat are almonds, sugar and honey.
We have a wide range of lactose-free nougats for lactose intolerance.
What Sabor a España products can a lactose intolerant eat?
Our catalogue includes a wide variety of lactose-free nougats:
- Soft almond nougat: almond, sugar, honey and egg white.
- Hard almond nougat: almond sugar, honey and egg white.
- Marzipan nougat with fruit, such as strawberry, pistachio, berries, blueberries, kiwi, raisins or orange. The ingredients that make up these nougats are: almonds, sugar and dried fruit.
- Marzipan or snow nougat: almonds and sugar as the main elements, and lemon juice and zest are added to complete the blend.
- Coconut nougat: grated coconut and sugar.
- Toasted egg yolk nougat: sugar, almonds and egg yolk.
- Marzipan and candied fruit nougat: almonds, sugar, lemon juice and candied fruit.
We also offer other gluten-free typical treats of our cuisine:
- The whole range of fig and date bread
- Dried nuts
- Dried fruit
- Brittle and caramelised nuts