The most anticipated time of the year is approaching, Christmas. We began to think of recipes to surprise our...
Grandma’s cake made nougat
Those long-awaited months are closer and closer, and due to the circumstances lived, the reunion with the family is going to be better than ever. It is a special occasion to surprise our family and friends with the recipe we show you to delight those who have a sweet tooth, without forgetting those flavours that have had so much impact in our childhood every Christmas.
Here we have, Grandma´s cake made nougat
A combination worthy of God's palate, in which the flavour of nougat of almonds, maria biscuits, flan and chocolate are mixed together. Overwhelming, right?
Steps to cook the best nougat cake in an easy way
The process is very simple, and we can cook it at home with no problems, with the help of our children or family.
We will need for this cake:
• 1L milk.
• 1 packet of ready-to-make flan.
• 1 square of soft nougat.
• 1 packet of biscuits (we recommend maria biscuits)
• 150g chocolate for desserts.
• 50ml cream.
You can use any of our soft nougats, we have a wide range of prices and qualities. In this way you make sure that it will turn out fantastic!
Next we have to follow the steps in order to get a flawless result.
1. In a pot we mix the cold milk and the packet of ready-to-make flan. We also add the chopped nougat.
2. We put it over medium heat and we let it boil until the nougat is dissoveld.
3. We put a biscuit base in a tray of 3/4 fingers-tall; then we cover up it with a layer of the mix and we repeat it until reaching the top. We finish this step with a layer of biscuit without puting anything above it.
4. In a microwave or in a bain-marie,we melt our chocolate, to which we will gradually add the cream until we get a ganache, which is a custard of chocolate and cream widely used in patisserie.
5. Finally, we cover up the cake with the ganache and we let it settle for about 4 hours in the refrigerator. And let´s enjoy it!